Crossing the western gulf with the many traditional taverns on the beach of Alyki, the visitor can spend moments of relaxation and tranquility in nature gazing at the idyllic landscape. On both sides of this isthmus form two natural coves with clear blue waters. The whole peninsula consists of solid white marble rock and throughout antiquity was an open quarry. The continuous quarrying resulted in the enjoyment of a large part of the peninsula almost to the surface of the sea. When the level drops, the salt remains in the depressions, created by the carving of the marble volumes.
These natural salt flats also gave the name Aliki, a toponym confirmed from the late Byzantine era. Traces of human habitation on the peninsula can be found as early as the 7th century BC in a cult cave in the eastern bay. The most important discovery for the area was that of Kouros in 1896, which is now in the museum of Constantinople. The ancient sanctuary was founded in the area, the ruins of which the visitor can see on the shore of the eastern bay. In modern times a small settlement was developed, where the inhabitants of Theologos temporarily stayed during the harvest of the olive fruit. Today the whole peninsula has been designated an archaeological site. This location will magically entice every visitor on a journey of history and incomparable beauty.